To get an occasion in the Outdoors calendar, make contact with Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by e mail at
. Deadline is five p.m. Wednesdays.
- April two: Minnesota Sporting Collectibles Show, eight:45 a.m. to two p.m., Medina Entertainment Center, 500 state Highway 55, Medina, Minn. Free of charge appraisals, and gear for sale which includes old fishing lures, rods, bobbers, reels, minnow buckets, duck decoys, spearing decoys, hunting gear, marketing indicators, marketing mail, posters, calendars, books, magazines, traps, cabin decor, spears, knives, sporting art, shell boxes, game calls and additional 200 tables with seller exhibitors from nine surrounding state. Admission $eight adults, totally free admission below age 16. Information: Dale Eggert, (612) 272-0536 or by e mail at
The Minnesota Division of Organic Sources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outside mastering webinars this winter and spring. The webinars, which are totally free, start at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is needed at
. Webinars also are recorded and offered on-line. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
- April five: Turkey calling methods. With turkey season suitable about the corner, webinar presenters will go over calling methods and tools of the trade.
- April 12: DNR Trout stream easements and enhanced angling possibilities. Dusty Hoffman, DNR stream habitat specialist, will go over the most effective way to locate angling easements and how to adequately use easements on some of Minnesota’s most effective trout streams. Discover about some habitat improvement projects completed on easements and how these projects boost angling possibilities.
- April 19: The peregrine falcon story. Jackie Fallon, wildlife biologist, master falconer and educator for more than 30 years, will go over what is becoming accomplished to enable the species in Minnesota and what researchers have found just after 50 years of study. There’ll also be an chance to see a reside falcon up close.
- April 26: Meredith Warmuth, DNR fish hatchery specialist, will share data about Minnesota’s coldwater hatchery program, how it added benefits trout fishing in Minnesota (and exactly where to locate them) and how folks can tour the facilities.
- Might three: Fishing for freshwater drum (aka sheepshead). DNR Ortonville location fisheries supervisor, Chris Domeier, will share data on when, exactly where and how to fish for freshwater drum in Minnesota. He’ll also cover their life history and how to clean and cook this usually overlooked, native and surprisingly tasty species.
- Might ten: Catching walleyes on opening weekend. DNR Fisheries employees and walleye fishing authorities go over what to count on for the upcoming fishing opener and offer some recommendations on how to catch early season walleyes. Session will specially concentrate on southern Minnesota, the place of the 2023 Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener, which is in Mankato this year.
- Might 17: Heidi Cyr, nongame wildlife permit coordinator for wildlife rehabilitators, will speak about “orphaned” wildlife, indicators an animal desires enable and the most effective strategies to preserve wildlife wild.
- Might 24: Monarch butterfly conservation. Authorities from the Monarch Joint Venture will go over what is becoming accomplished for monarchs in North America and how to take aspect in Minnesota (or wherever you are).
- Might 31: Muskie diet plan secrets revealed. DNR fisheries authorities Brian Herwig, Jim Wolters and Kamden Glade will share the outcomes of their current analysis projects supplying new insights on the diets and ecology of Minnesota muskellunge and associated fishing recommendations to enable anglers hook Minnesota’s leading predator this year.
For additional data on any of the black powder shooting events beneath, verify out the
Coon ‘n Crockett Muzzleloader Club’s Facebook web page
or send an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 9-11: Hangfires 47th Annual Rendezvous, Bemidji.
- June 18-24: Higher Plains Regional Rendezvous, Hughes Draw, Black Hills, S.D.
- July 15-16: Bearclaw Muzzleloaders Annual Rendezvous, Height of Land, Minn.
- Aug. five-six: Coon ‘n Crockett Muzzleloaders Shoot, East Grand Forks.
- Aug. 18-20: Lake Nation Mountaineers Black Powder 43rd Annual Rendezvous, Perham, Minn.
- Sept 22-24: Plainsmen 50th Anniversary Shoot & Rendezvous, Georgetown, Minn.
Brad Dokken joined the Herald organization in November 1985 as a copy editor for Agweek magazine and has been the Grand Forks Herald’s outdoors editor due to the fact 1998.
Apart from his function as an outdoors writer, Dokken has an comprehensive background in northwest Minnesota and Canadian border challenges and offers occasional coverage on these subjects.
Attain him at email@example.com, by telephone at (701) 780-1148 or on Twitter at @gfhoutdoor.