To recognize National Public Well being Week from April three-9, the Division of Public Well being in the Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics is presenting a series of no cost public events that will concentrate on a wide variety of public overall health difficulties.
The events will be held at Syracuse University, LeMoyne College and Brady Market place in downtown Syracuse. Organizer Lisa Olson-Gugerty, associate teaching professor of public overall health at Syracuse University and a household nurse practitioner, says that though the COVID-19 pandemic shined a spotlight on public overall health, the Public Well being Week activities will remind absolutely everyone that public overall health impacts our lives in numerous other techniques.
“Public overall health is a framework by which we reside and exist and are in a position to retain our overall health and nicely-getting in our each day life, and you do not even comprehend it is there,” Olson-Gugerty says. “It’s the air excellent in the developing, it is the seat belts we’re needed to put on, it is our meals excellent, it is our water excellent, it is our access to healthcare, it is every thing we do in each day life.”
Numerous of the neighborhood events will connect with this year’s National Public Well being Week theme, which is “Centering and Celebrating Cultures in Well being.” Right here are the events:
Monday, April three: Documentaries in the Curtin Unique Events space in the Campus Center at LeMoyne College: “Crow Nation – Our Proper for Meals Sovereignty” (three:30-three:50 p.m.) “Hungry to Learn” (four-five:25 p.m.) and a repeat of “Crow Country” (five:30-five:50 p.m.). The documentaries are hosted by LeMoyne’s Doctor Assistant Research system.
Pay a visit to the LeMoyne College site for a campus map and parking data. For Syracuse University students, transportation to LeMoyne will be readily available by means of the Schine Student Center.
Tuesday, April four, six:30-7:30 p.m.: Narcan coaching, 335 White Hall, Falk College.
Wednesday, April five, ten-11 a.m.: Narcan coaching, Brady Market place, 307 Gifford St., Syracuse.
The Narcan trainings are hosted by the Onondaga County Well being Division, Central New York Location Well being Education Center and the Student Association for Public Well being Education (SAPHE), a student organization at Falk College.
Thursday, April six: Lunch and Discover with the Lerner Center for Public Well being Promotion and Population Well being at Syracuse University, noon, 441 White Hall, Falk College. Subject: “Destress for Good results: Pressure Management for the College Student.”
Thursday, April six: Culture and Well being Panel, 7 p.m., Grant Auditorium (375 White Hall), Falk College. The panel discussion is hosted by SUNY Upstate Healthcare University and InterFaith Functions of Central New York.
The panelists involve Rhonda Butler, neighborhood engagement manager at InterFaith Functions of Central New York Rachel Johnson, owner of Half Hood Half Holistic in Syracuse and system manager of Black Well being Inc. in New York City SeQuoia Kemp, founding member of the Sankofa Reproductive Well being and Healing Center in Syracuse Dr. David Lehmann, Distinguished Service Professor of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Healthcare University and Fanny Villarreal, executive director and CEO of the YWCA of Syracuse and Onondaga County.
“We are excited for this diverse panel to join us on campus for a discussion that connects to the ‘Cultures in Health’ theme of this year’s Public Well being Week,” Olson-Gugerty says. “They are all astounding folks who are performing wonderful operate for the Syracuse neighborhood.”
Additional data about the panelists can be located under.
Friday, April 7: Master’s in Public Well being graduate student interprofessional practice. A panel of public overall health specialists from a range of professions will go over how their sector has worked to address distinct overall health difficulties.
“Our student panel’s concentrate will be on COVID-19 vaccine initiatives,” Olson-Gugerty says. “The objective is for students to find out about the significance of collaboration across sectors, recognize challenges and feel about their future public overall health specialist selves.”
Meet the April six Culture and Well being Panelists
- Rhonda Butler. As neighborhood engagement manager at InterFaith Functions of Central New York, Butler performs closely with her colleagues to resettle new Americans. She previously worked at Upstate Healthcare University in quite a few capacities to increase patient care, and her doctoral dissertation at St. John Fisher University focused on college possibilities for young military veterans with post-traumatic strain disorder.
- Rachel Johnson. Johnson earned bachelor’s degrees in youngster and household research and social operate and master’s degrees in marriage and household therapy and social operate from Falk College. As owner of Half Hood Half Holistic in Syracuse and system manager of Black Well being Inc. in New York City, she grounds her solutions and practices in developing accessible and culturally relevant spaces for Black folks, couples and households.
- SeQuoia Kemp. The founder of Doula four a Queen and a founding member of the Sankofa Reproductive Well being and Healing Center in Syracuse, Kemp is a Black feminist neighborhood-primarily based birth worker from Syracuse who serves as a neighborhood organizer, overall health justice advocate and public overall health educator. Her operate is rooted in ancestral, liberatory and proof-primarily based practices.
- Dr. David Lehmann. A Distinguished Service Professor of Medicine at SUNY Upstate Healthcare University, Lehmann has held quite a few academic leadership positions and substantial teaching roles in Upstate’s health-related education applications. His passion for offering health-related relief to indigent populations led him to establish Housecalls for the Homeless–Upstate, which delivers no cost health-related care to the homeless.
- Fanny Villarreal. As executive director and CEO of the YWCA of Syracuse and Onondaga County, Villarreal is committed to eliminating racism, empowering girls and advertising peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. She has held quite a few prominent neighborhood and state positions and is at the moment representing Central New York as Gov. Kathy Hochul’s appointee as co-chair of the Latino Mentorship Initiative.
One thought on “Falk Presents Public Well being Week Activities for Syracuse University, Neighborhood Neighborhood”
Dubai Deira Call girls 971569841261 Call girls in Dubai deira UAE – Google My Maps
UT MBA Study Skills
Zippysharecom Free File Hosting
Verify youre human
mollydffriedman Junior Member
The unique blog 7550
Xu hướng thị trường bất động sản 2016