Southwest Fla. – The Florida Division of Overall health in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, Monroe, and Okeechobee Counties encourage residents and guests to appreciate a secure and wholesome Memorial Day weekend.
Stick to these strategies for a wholesome vacation weekend.
Water Security: Every single year, several kids drown throughout summer time vacation weekends. Awareness of the standard principles of water security, combined with information and understanding of water hazards, can raise enjoyment and considerably cut down drowning deaths each and every year.
• Often preserve your eyes on kids in and about water, like pools and open bodies of water. Actively supervising and providing kids your undivided interest when they are in or about water can assistance avert drownings.
• By no means leave a youngster alone about water.
• If your youngster is missing, verify other pools or surrounding bodies of water.
• Use barriers about water, like fences, self-closing/self-latching gates, and safe doors with alarms. Barriers assistance avert young kids from wandering into bodies of water, like lakes, pools, ponds, and far more.
• Seek shade when the sun is strongest, which is usually involving the hours of ten am and four pm.
• Put on broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 on all components of exposed skin prior to you go outdoors. Keep in mind to reapply each and every two hours following swimming or sweating.
• Put on a wide-brimmed hat that shades your face, ears, and back of your neck. Put on sunglasses to guard your eyes and the delicate skin about your eyes from sun exposure.
• For further protection, you can put on light, lengthy-sleeved shirts.
• Ahead of and following handling raw meat, poultry, eggs, and seafood, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Separate raw meals to avert cross contamination. Use one particular cutting board for raw meat, poultry, and seafood and yet another for vegetables and fruits.
• Cook all foods to the right temperature by applying a meals thermometer.
• Baking sweets may possibly come with the temptation of consuming dough or batter, but that is not secure.
• Make certain to refrigerate perishable meals inside two hours. If the temperature is above 90 degrees Fahrenheit, chill meals inside 1 hour.
About the Florida Division of Overall health in Collier County
The Florida Division of Overall health in Collier County, nationally accredited as aspect of an Integrated Regional Public Overall health Division Technique by the Public Overall health Accreditation Board, operates to guard, market and boost the overall health of all men and women in Florida by means of integrated state, county and neighborhood efforts.
Stick to us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @HealthyCollier . For far more facts, please check out collier.floridahealth.gov/.